WaffarX commitment to Privacy
- WaffarX is very committed to protect Members’ privacy regarding their personal information.
- Rest assured that we do not sell your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties.
- It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of this information and how you can access and update this information.
- WaffarX collects and uses information in order to track your purchases, register the earned Cash Back amounts and proceed Cash-Out transactions. It is also used to improve and personalize our services.
- The types of information you provide may include Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information or data that can be used to identify you (whether alone or in combination).
Members will be required to provide their full names and mailing address for all payment methods in order for WaffarX to provide them with their payment. Other Personal Information you may provide to us includes:
• Payment information (such as payment account name and payment account number)
• The nature of the product or service purchased
• How you connect to our services, such as your IP address, unique device identifiers, device or session IDs, and information regarding the network and connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device)
• Browsing, shopping, and purchase history
• Your geolocation
• Click-stream data (the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through our services)
Use of information
- WaffarX may use the collected information in different ways:
- To Manage your Account The Personal Information that you provide us may be use it to: (i) process your registration, including verifying whether your email address is active and valid and enrolling you into our Cash Back program; (ii) monitor your purchase transactions; (iii) track your shopping, deliver your Cash-Out, and identify opportunities for Cash Back and/or offers; (iv) send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages; (v) provide you member services regarding your account and reply to your questions, comments and requests; and (vi) to assess risk and prevent fraud.
- Improve our services We may process information through analyzing and monitoring usages and trends and performing statistical analyses to improve our services, programs, website and marketing efforts, and the products and services of our affiliates to constantly improve ours service to you in the future. We may also use this information to provide you more relevant offers based on your interest.
- Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser and provide us with the ability to track, store, and collect information from our website.
- Like most websites, WaffarX and our partners use "cookies" to collect information, analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- Be sure that your cookies are enable, as cookies are used to authenticate the Member and assure Cash Back is assigned to the Member Account. If you disable cookies you will not earn Cash Back from WaffarX and some features might not work properly.
- Our website includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button and a “share this” button. These features may collect your IP address and the page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
- These social media features may be hosted by us or a third party. Your interactions with social media features hosted by third parties (such as the Facebook Like button) are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
Email Account Connection and Communication
- We allow you to connect your personal email account to your WaffarX account in order to view your purchase confirmations on WaffarX.com. We share this Transaction Information as needed with our affiliate network partners and merchant partners in order to confirm your Cash Back faster and more reliably, and we use it to provide you more relevant and interesting offers.
- WaffarX sends two types of emails to members: customer service emails required to maintain the WaffarX Program (such as cash back credits and payment notifications) and promotional emails containing offers. You may choose not to receive promotional emails at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any promotional email or by modifying your subscription preferences in the "My Dashboard" section of WaffarX.com.
- If you would like to report an incident of spamming, please contact us at pr[email protected]. We will investigate and take suitable action.
Third Party Log-In Services
- We allow you to log in to WaffarX.com using Facebook Connect and Google Connect. These services authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address in order to prefill our sign up form. These services allow you to share information about your activities on WaffarX.com with others in your network. We may integrate with, and make available to you, other third-party log-in services in the future.
- If you choose to use our referral programs to tell a friend about WaffarX, you will need to provide us with your friend's name and email address. We will then automatically send your friend email inviting him or her to visit WaffarX.
- We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove this information from our database.
Links to Third Party Websites
- We use one or more vendors to manage our advertising on other sites. Our vendors may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other websites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
- WaffarX will never ask for your email address, username, password or any other Personal Information in an unsolicited phone call, email or letter.
- Any contact with WaffarX customer service in which Personal Information is exchanged with a customer service representative will be used only for the purpose of satisfying your request. Any Personal Information you provide will not be recorded or used for any reason beyond that of the stated request.
Share of personal information
- We may use contractors or vendors to help us provide some of the services on WaffarX.com, some of whom may be our corporate affiliates (for instance, payment fulfillment or marketing services). If we need to disclose Personal Information for them to provide such services, it is with the requirement that such Personal Information will be kept confidential and will be used only for those services.
- We reserve the right to disclose the information we collect (including Personal Information) as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us or our corporate affiliates, or to protect us, our corporate affiliates, or our members from losses.
In-Store Order Approval
- In order to approve in-store orders, WaffarX may collect and share certain information with the merchant where the order was made. This information could include a POS receipt, an order receipt, or both, depending on the merchant's requirements.
- You will be asked to provide the necessary receipts to enable the approval process. You can upload the receipts by taking a photo directly from the app camera or uploading them from your gallery.
- If you choose to upload receipts from your photo gallery, you must give WaffarX access to your gallery. You can revoke this permission by going to the settings of your mobile device, finding the WaffarX app, and turning off the photo gallery permission. We will only use this access to upload the receipts you provide.
- Alternatively, you can choose to give WaffarX access to your SMS to check for information from certain senders, such as your bank, which issued the linked card in your in-store account. You can revoke this permission by going to the settings of your mobile device, finding the WaffarX app, and turning off the SMS permission.
- This will enable us to proceed with the approval process without the need for you to upload receipts. We will only access and use this information for the purpose of approving your transaction. We are committed to protecting your data and will ensure that it is stored securely and only for as long as necessary. If you have any concerns about data collection or sharing, you have the right to opt-out at any time.
- The user has the right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
What personal data is collected and for what reason?
- We store the name and the e-mail address, for the purpose of identifying the user in our database, for the user to be able to register/login to WaffarX, sending the user newsletters shall he/she opt-in.
How can I delete my data?
- A user can delete his/her data from system whenever they wish. This data is deleted from the system immediately and cannot be recovered by any users or WaffarX employees after this point. Data that has been deleted or otherwise destroyed cannot be recovered at any time. A sufficient warning is given to the account administrator before data are permanently deleted.
- Information may be deleted from our system upon request to [email protected]. We undertake to perform the deletion within one month (30 calendar days) and will send you a confirmation once the information has been deleted. Wherever possible, we will aim to complete the request in advance of the deadline.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to WaffarX. We use a secure, encrypted connection (called an SSL connection) on all pages where you access or transmit Personal Information.
- Access to your Account is password-protected for your privacy and security. While we do our best to protect your personal information you also must protect yourself. What does this mean? Keep your password or other access information secret.
- In the light of the above-mentioned, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other causes beyond our control.
Your choices and responsibilities
- It is your responsibility to update and maintain accurate contact information in your WaffarX account. You can make changes by visiting your account page and entering corrections.
- We are doing our best to respond to every request within a reasonable time frame. The email that you enter into your personal profile page is the one that will be used for all contact with you, including for sending your Cash-Out.
- WaffarX is not responsible for payments sent to an incorrect information (ex.: bank account, mobile number, etc.) provided by you.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as you have a balance greater than zero in your account. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.